Hello everyone,

first I'm gonna introduce my plan how to make up for the late post last Sunday. Because I was so inactive, I will go to 10 different blogs each day this week and leave a comment. These blogs will be published with links and a short introduction in my Wednesday and Sunday posts.
Isn't that a nice way to make it up to you?


Today I want to tell you quickly why I was so off this month. After finishing University exams early in May, I took a short vacation and then something amazing happened.

My application for an internship at a small publishers in Berlin turned into a full-time job offer. This means that I will be involved in publishing two children's books over the summer, which is just amazing. Unfortunately, they will be in German for now, so I can only tell you about it. It's really exciting for me, because I have lots of responsibilities and I get to know the publishing world first hand.

Where did you get your first publishing experience?

9 Comments:

  1. Li said...
    Wow! Congrats. You must be so excited! Good luck.
    Alex J. Cavanaugh said...
    That is awesome! A full time publishing job - congratulations.
    Golden Eagle said...
    Congratulations! :)
    Dorothy Evans said...
    Fantastic news! Well done and good luck. Sadly, I have no publishing experience to relate - unless, of course, you count my one and only attempt at self publishing: a fairy tale faithfully reproduced on a Lilliput typewriter at age of about nine (I only managed three copies before mum told me it was time to go to bed!).
    Unknown said...
    Thank you all for the congrats. I guess I was just lucky this time. I'll let you know how it goes.

    Dorothy - awesome first attempt
    Karen Jones Gowen said...
    That is an exciting development, congratulations!
    dolorah said...
    Awesome! I have a story published in Bewildering Stories, but I've never self published.

    I will say it was an awesome experience my first time. I submitted, and after reported 3 month wait period, I figured I was rejected. About 8 months after the submission, I received an e-mail from the publisher apologizing for not getting back to me sooner, but they had such a mixed response from all the staff, they sent it to test readers, and pretty much got the same evenly mixed response.

    So he sent along the feedback from the people that were either on the fence or outright didn't care for it. The feedback was detailed, and he asked if I'd want to have a go at revision and resubmitting.

    I did. After 3 revisions, the story was accepted, and published about 6 months later. The process was exciting and frustrating at the same time. Even through all the changes, the core premise of the story remained. I was pleased with the end product.

    The fun thing is, I've had just about as much mixed responses after its publication as I had for the submitting process. I knew I'd written on a highly controversial subject matter, and the feedback has been what I expected.

    But being a part of someone else's publication experience has its rewards too. Its why I critique for other authors as diligently as I would my own stories. A few of the authors I've been crit partner for have been picked up by agents, and that is an awesome feeling to know you helped someone's publishing dream get one step closer.

    Good luck with the new job Nahno :)

    ........dhole
    Anonymous said...
    Congrats! and good luck with your new job. I'm sending big thoughts you way right now!
    Talli Roland said...
    That's fantastic! Good luck with everything - can't wait to hear about it!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home